Inside Sales Associate
San Francisco, CA
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
We're backed by Uncork Capital, Crosslink Capital, e.ventures, Postmates CEO Bastian Lehman, Apartment List CEO John Kobs and several others. We’re looking for aggressive, ambitious operators that want to kick start their career at a company that is changing the face of an old-school industry. The right candidate for this role will have a passion for startups, strong communication skills and a desire to prove themselves while exceeding revenue goals. This role is designed as the entry point into the company, and our goal is to give you the tools, training, and technical knowledge necessary to advance within our organization. In evaluating candidates, we'll pay close attention to intrinsic skills and growth potential.
- While our system is designed to be fully-self serve, you’ll be responsible for following up with any sales prospects that have questions and walking them through the process of buying a policy.
- Passion for working with people and problem solving
- 1-2 years of experience in a sales or customer support role
- Bachelor's or equivalent work experience - Start up experience is a plus!
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- You enjoy interacting with others and are a comfortable communicator – you’d hate working in an environment where you didn’t get to interface with an array of different personalities on a daily basis
- You are scrappy with an ownership mindset. We don’t believe in anything being "someone else’s job".
- You have a can-do attitude and a strong work ethic. We’re creating a culture with a focus on getting things done no matter how big the obstacles or how limited the resources.
- You have demonstrated your ability to disarm others in difficult situations and others love working with you.