Senior Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our growing team of insurance innovators in San Francisco, CA.
As an early member of the Huckleberry team, you will have full ownership of finding the best solutions to design, architect and implement across our stack. Our technology stack is built on Node/Hapi/Postgres/React sitting on AWS. We write a lot of tests, use automated deployment, Github for code reviews, and Sketch/Invision for mockup prototyping.
What you would work on
- You will be a founding engineer focused on reinventing how insurance is built on a technology and product level.
- Define and constantly improve the web architecture for our products.
- Develop, iterate, test, ship and maintain web products and internal tools.
- Database design, analysis, and tuning.
- Develop and tune our Natural Language Processing chat agent.
- You are truly a full stack specialist, equipped to debug performance bottlenecks on the backend and implement pixel-perfect CSS on the frontend.
Day to Day
- Develop and maintain our proprietary underwriting and claims decision and aggregation engine.
- Continually refine our deployment process. We are currently utilizing a myriad of Docker containers on AWS.
- Make development decisions with a product focus. We don’t develop in a vacuum.
- How we build is equally important as what we build. User experience also applies to how we organize code.